Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: jcreator help

  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    jcreator help

    i am new to java and i just got jcreator. I am having problems using jcreator in geting the files into a .jar file. if possible can someone do a step by step method that uses jcreator to put them into a .jar and put a file as the one that loads first when it executes. Also i need a step by step method in executing the .jar file. if there isn't a way for the jcreator in making the .jar file and someone tell me how i would do it than? Thanks in advance

  • #2
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or if anyone knows a good program that will do the .class to .jar proporly please tell me

  • #3
    cfc
    cfc is offline
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Keswick, Ontario
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A quick google search turned this up: (man, am I getting sick of that sentence)
    http://www.cs.princeton.edu/introcs/...n/jar/jar.html

    jar files are just file archives that use the same compression algorithm as zip, but when you install a JRE it sets it up so the command "java -jar $1" is executed when you choose the "Open" command (in most cases, this is invoked by a double-click). The file manifest.mf (or a specified manifest file) is where you tell the java runtime where your main(String[] args) method is among the classes also included in the archive. See the link I posted for more detailed instructions.

  • #4
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok ok i figured out what my problem is. you can edit the manifest file within .jar files with winrar. What i was doing was puting in like schedule.class where schedule was the file name and the class was the extension. but the computer was looking inside the .jar file for a folder named scheule and than a file name class. i figured this by looking in the manidest document of robocode and it didn't have any of the file name exetions and stuff. Now that i figure this out it to me like 2 seconds to get my jar files to be executable and properly working.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •