Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
07-09-2013, 06:18 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
can't get by uac even with signed certificate
I'm trying to write a program that can be run as an administrator but without the UAC prompt popping up. I'm thinking that creating a signed
certificate to go with it is the answer. But I'm not sure how to do this.
Here's what I've done:
1) In the VS2012 properties, went to Signing and created a pfx file. I entered a password and used the sha256RSA signature algorithm.
2) Right-clicked on the pfx file, clicked "install pfx", and went through the wizard.
3) Recompiled my application.
4) Right-clicked on the exe, went to compatibility, and checked "run this program as an administrator".
5) Ran the exe by double-clicking on it.
The UAC still comes up and the publisher still displays as "unknown".
Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a different way of accomplishing what I want to do?