When I run scan disk, I get an error that something keeps writing to the disk. I timed it by watching the scan disk processes from 'checking allocation tables' to 'checking folder' the bounce back (restart) happend approx every 60 seconds.
How can I find whats causing it and eleminate it?
My process to get to this point:
1. C drive defrag (24 hours) and still 0%
2. D drive defrag (20 min) completed
3. Scan Disk C drive (error) repeated several times.
4. Unplug computer to reboot knowing C drive will be checked by running scan disk in 'standard' option. Check completed, sytem booted up.
5. Once icons, active desktop, additional drives ect. were avail. ran scan disk again! Recieved same error with same frequency (every 60 seconds restarts).
Note: No known applications were running at the time, even shut down flash drive thinking that may be doing it but to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated alot!