Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-21-2012, 09:29 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Detroit, Michigan
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WIN7: Netowrked Group Can't Share Comp's Drive
I work at a small photo studio, and we're having some serious drive/printer sharing issues.
We have 6 mahcines on the network, named COMP1-6, and each with corresponding user names, USER1-6. COMP3/USER3 has a 4TB RAID array using a Highpoint Rocket RAID Sata 2 controller card. This RAID array is what we're using as backup for our main server.
Recently we've been having trouble with the main server, so I've decided to connect everyone to the 4TB RAID array to work off of while I correct the issue with the main server. However when attempting to connect to the COMP3/USER3 array, we're either met with a "cannot find network drive" or "enter network password".
I've exhausted myself searching Google all weekend, but nothing that I've found has helped so far.
- We're all running Windows 7.
- We're all apart of the same Homegroup.
- We're all apart of the same Workgroup.
- Every mahcine has "Password Protected Sharing" Off in the "Advanced Sharing Options" .
- All times are set and corrected by syncing with the Internet Time Server.
- I've set all machines "Control panel>Administrative Tools>Local Security Policy>Local Policies>Security Options>Network Security: LAN Manager" to "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2"
- Went to the CMD promt and used "control userpassword2" to remove everyones passwords (even though we all have NO passwords).
We seriously need to switch people to the array so i can service the main server. What is going on, and how can I fix this?