Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
02-08-2011, 02:24 AM #1
How do you determine prices / quotes?
How do you determine your prices and quotes for web design? I'm starting to design sites for other people and have no idea of what's fair and what isn't. For example, an individual does web design as a career and made this site:
What do you expect the customer paid for something like that? I'm not talking about customers that are Fortune 500 companies in New York and LA, just small town web designers. Also, what would be a fair deadline?
02-08-2011, 03:56 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Utah, USA, Northwestern hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Alpha Quadrant
- Thanked 637 Times in 625 Posts
It's hard to say just by looking at a website how much work was required to put the website together. Does that site have an admin backend? Is it driven by a CMS, so the business can make changes to content without bringing the web designer back in? Are those prices stored in a table somewhere? Or is every single page static HTML? Time to develop static html is much lower of course, so the web developer can charge much less.
Other factors come into play if a web developer is good with drupal/wordpress type systems. If you can bang out a front end for drupal fairly quickly, you'll get more sites done and your price per site can drop as a result.
So... with the different pages on that website, I'd ball park around $150 for static html, $400 for CMS-driven with admin backend.
02-08-2011, 04:11 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
- for the design i would charge at least $150-$250.
- also are you going to provide the domain name and web hosting in your price? a domain on average goes for $10 a year and hosting a month anywhere from $5 to $10 a month. if you plan on making web design a career i recommend you find a reseller account for web hosting
- are you going to include monthly updates? i would charge an extra $25-$40 depending on the updates.
i hope this information was helpful.
Learn how to create a Website with HTML www.htmltutorialtopics.com Free tutorials
02-08-2011, 11:05 PM #4
How much more for signing them up for social media sites? Ad Banners? Logos? Etc. Also, anyone know of any good links that discs this?
Last edited by cineweekly.com; 02-08-2011 at 11:24 PM.