installing cordova and phonegap to work with eclipse and netbeans
I have got stuck installing cordova. Have been following these steps in order to prepare the environment for converting a html+jqm app into android application. Please help me progress.
1. Download and Install node.js
2. Run the command npm install -g phonegap (in case of phonegap installation) or run the command npm install -g cordova (in case of Cordova installation).
3. As the installation gets completed you can notice this:
4. C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\cordova -> C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\bin\cordova
5. Notice the above line you can see the path were the file is mentioned. Copy that path. In my case it is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\cordova so use cd C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\ and type cordova. There it is.
6. Since the -g key value isn't working you have set the Environment Variables path:
Press Win + Pause|Break or right click on Computer and choose Properties.
Click Advanced system settings on the left.
Click Environment Variables under the Advanced tab.
Select the PATH variable and click Edit.
Copy the path mentioned above to the value field and press OK.
I have also installed phonegap, although it is not clear to me whether these two, ie. cordova and phonegap complement each other or replace.
npm install -g phonegap
What to do next?