We have a database with over 100,000 entires; most of the entires are in English, but some of the fields are in Chinese.
We have built a website where we can search the database and list them in a table.
We can search in English, but when we search in Chinese, it will say that it cannot find anything, even though I know it is there (I know this because when I search in English, I can see the chinese word there as well).
I did not build the website, but I will post some of the code anyway.
Ok, here is the code to search for the Company Name:
if trim(request.QueryString("CompanyName"))<>"" then
if search="" then
search = search & " WHERE "
search = search & " AND "
search = search & " CompanyName like '%" & trim(request.QueryString("CompanyName")) & "%' "