View Full Version : Need Help please

Azeriphaile
11-03-2006, 03:46 AM
what i am trying to do

is have the buttons on my page load an external html page into ta cell in a table.

ultimately the goal it have the content on the page load on button press like a normal page but i donlt want the top flash animation to have to reload everytimea button is pressed

i have looked in to the ifram posibility but i do not know how to have a button load a new ifram with out refreshing the whole page
please advise

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Give your buttons a target. The target should be the name of your iframe.

Azeriphaile
11-03-2006, 04:00 AM
ok so i make the target the name of the ifram but what do i do for the link?

i mean i have tried nameing the table cell and setting the target to that and that dosent work so i changed , as was suggested the name of the target to the name of the iframe and that didnt work either i am not sure if i am understanding correctly
is ther a link maby that has a step by step on how to set this up?

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-03-2006, 04:06 AM
<a href="somepage.html" target="name-of-frame">Page 1</a>

<iframe src="someotherpage.html" name="name-of-iframe" scrolling="auto" width="#" height="#" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Azeriphaile
11-03-2006, 04:10 AM
ok so i need to take my button and link it to the page i want loaded i make the target the name of the iframe and the code for the ifram is included thanks for that by the way

how do i make it load in the specific cell of the table i want it o ?

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-03-2006, 04:19 AM
Just put the iframe where you want the stuff to load. Post your code. We aren't psychic you know. And in the future "Need Help Please" is NOT acceptable for a thread title. You probably read the forum rules before you make another thread. You already cross posted which is against the forum rules.

http://www.codingforums.com/rules.htm
http://www.codingforums.com/postguide.htm

Azeriphaile
11-03-2006, 05:10 AM
i just though i would get more information id i posed the wuestion in different areas

the thing is about the iframe
is that i get what to do but there are multipal buttons and therefore multipal iframes
i did not explain myself well

but i mean if i have say 4 pages of content i want loaded in the same place based on what button is pressed then how would i do that?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum