View Full Version : Hi. I have a question:

10-31-2006, 08:47 PM
In IFrame, is it possible to set the location in the src page from which the iframe will start feeding?
I mean, Iframe usally takes the area of its width and height, starting with the left top corner of the src page; is it possible to start from another point in the src page, without accessing the src page code?

Maybe with another element/tag (of HTML/JS/ASP.net)?
Is it possible to set the scroll of the Iframe exactly to the desirable point (through the code)?

10-31-2006, 11:58 PM
You should be able to use Javascript.

11-01-2006, 01:57 AM
You could also reference an ID within the URI: page.html#elementID.

11-01-2006, 06:54 AM
But since you are trying to do this in the first place it seems like you might not have any control of the 2nd page therefore you will get a "Permission Denied" error from the JS and you obviously won't have an anchor where you want it to be because you won't be able to edit that page. If you are able to edit the page then the above solutions would work but you might as well make a page with just the information you want on it.

11-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Ye, it doesn't work. Any other options, that work on a page which I don't have access to?

11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
What is the page and what part are you trying to get from it?

11-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Not something specific. I need an Iframe with the ablity I mentioned before, and not something specific for a single page.
Is it possible?