View Full Version : Embed a webpage into Myspace

10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I wanted to know if on myspace if there is a way to 'embed' a webpage.
Please know that myspace doesn't allow...

iframe tags
object tags
embed tags (unless swf)

If anyone knows any other way to have a webpage appear inside another webpage let me know. Myspace is so frustrating with their tag stripping.

10-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Why not get proper web hosting and link it to your myspace account. There are plenty of web hosts offering advertising sponsored web space.

<?austin ?>
10-22-2006, 01:57 AM
hmmm i odnt htink it is possible. the people who made myspace out lawed those things to keep you from doing what you want to. heh, yeah get a real site. i guess your reasoning is that you want to have a way different myspace page so people want your top 8 spaces? lol

Single Paradox
10-22-2006, 04:04 AM
Create a "div overlay". Then you can put anything you want there.

10-22-2006, 05:15 AM
You could use frames, if MySpace will allow it. Or you could use a div overlay...

10-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Unless I'm wrong. I dont think it could be done with div overlay because what that is is just putting a div infront of your profile and to cover up the default myspace layout to add your own styles. I would still have to use a way of inserting the page. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

What I was going to do was embed an swf file into an html on my server and then give people the embed code for the html file. I didn't want to give people the direct .swf url so it would be easier for people to steal the swf files.

So my real question should be...
How to embed an swf without giving people a direct link to the file.
(while still abiding by the myspace rules from the first post of this topic)

Thanks to all
Even if there is no way

10-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Even if you use a div overlay, you still won't be able to use the 'outlawed' tags. I would recommend getting a real site. I'm currently looking for free web space and am considering Mister (http://mister.net/) and FSPHost (http://fsphost.com/).

<?austin ?>
10-22-2006, 10:46 PM
hmmmm well, i dont think that is possible... the browser need to read the url in the embed tags. and if you dont want them to steal the swf then put your name all over it or not post it at all.