View Full Version : Text on left and on right?

jerry2
10-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi there

I made 2 styles:

.obvestilovecje {
font-weight:bold;
display:block;
background-color:#FFE6DD;
padding: 2px 5px;
BORDER: #cc3300 1px solid;
}

.obvestilodatum {
font-size:9px;
font-weight:normal;
float:right;
}

And used code:

<p class="obvestilovecje">Test message<span class="obvestilodatum">24.9.2006</span></p>

But it seems that I can not get the second text (date) to be on the right of the box :-( It pops below the box in IE and FF (but not in Opera). I think my code is not working properly, not that IE and FF are wrong...

What I would like is the date to be on the right of the box, not below it:

http://www.gostilna-verban.com/obvestila.asp

I tried everything I could imagine, but can not find a clue. Somehow this is expected, I am using 2 float and the box is 100% width so no wonder why the left text is not able to go inside...

Any ideas and I would be thankfull.

Yours

Jerry

jerry2
10-21-2006, 12:01 AM
In fact I did find a way. But it is not perfect. I made a box and then I put one text left and one text right:

.napisbox{
display:block;
height:18px;
background-color:#FFE6DD;
BORDER: #cc3300 1px solid;
}

.napisboxlevo {
font-weight:bold;
float:left;
display:inline;
}

.napisboxdesno {
font-size:9px;
font-weight:normal;
float:right;
text-align:right;
}

code:

<div class="napisbox"><p class="napisboxlevo">Test message</p><span class="napisboxdesno">24.9.2006</span> </div>

Problem is if I dont use height for the box it is 3 px high, if I use height 18px it is 18 pix high but if I have more than one line of text it get's ugly :-(

felgall
10-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Don't try to float inline elements as they are part of the surrounding block element with no independent positioning capability. To fix the original problem just change <span> to <div>

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum