View Full Version : No errors being generated and yet nothing happening

Flic
10-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I was working on some code a few days ago and did a number of things at a time which broke one bit. At the time I left it to come back to and now can't get the code to work again.

I have a picture which when clicked on opens up more options, but currently nothing happens, and nothing is currently coming up in the Firefox JS console.

My page is here: www.flics-jewellery.co.uk/redesign

If someone could take a look at it and point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it!

Also, if you look at the code you will notice that the picture preloads are commented out. That is because they also broke the menu, even when it was working. Anyone know why?

Again, many thanks for any help

Flic

Arty Effem
10-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Hi,

I was working on some code a few days ago and did a number of things at a time which broke one bit. At the time I left it to come back to and now can't get the code to work again.

I have a picture which when clicked on opens up more options, but currently nothing happens, and nothing is currently coming up in the Firefox JS console.

My page is here: www.flics-jewellery.co.uk/redesign

I don't know all the permutations, but if a div is styled initially display:none via a class as opposed to inline, its display cannot be restored using:
document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='';

/*Instead use*/

document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='block';

Flic
10-15-2006, 12:15 PM
document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='';

/*Instead use*/

document.getElementById('elementID').style.display='block';

Thats got that working thank you!

Still doesn't work when the preloading of the images is uncommented though.

Anyone got any ideas about that?

Thanks!

Arty Effem
10-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Thats got that working thank you!

Still doesn't work when the preloading of the images is uncommented though.

Anyone got any ideas about that?
Its an indicated syntax error. Change all occurences of fjp-logo to something like fjp_logo

Flic
10-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Excellent! Thank you again :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum