View Full Version : Moving Form Data

a4udi
10-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi, I've got two seperate websites that I'm working on. I am doing the design of the main website and the second site is a secure login area which another person has created.

My question is... can I put a login form on the main page, and then have it transfer the information into the secure login? The purpose being so that people can login directly from the main page instead of having to click to go to the secure area and then log in? Thanks for any help.

a4udi
10-13-2006, 04:33 AM
Bump.

is this a stupid question... or did I not explain it well? :confused:

CFMaBiSmAd
10-13-2006, 06:07 AM
By secure login page, I assume you mean HTTPS... SSL. The purpose of doing this would be to protect the information going back and forth between the server and the browser.

By creating a non-secure login page, you are bypassing any benefit of having the secure page. If the non-secure login is what is wanted, someone might as well have saved the programming time and the ongoing expense of the SSL certificate for the secure page.

a4udi
10-13-2006, 02:54 PM
By secure login page, I assume you mean HTTPS... SSL. The purpose of doing this would be to protect the information going back and forth between the server and the browser.

Yeah, I'm talking about an HTTPS / SSL page.
So if you had a username / password box on the HTTP page and in the background passed the username/pass using javascript into the form fields on the HTTPS page to directly login, this wouldn't be secure then is what your'e saying?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum