View Full Version : FIR Replacement Technique - What am I doing wrong?

takuhii
09-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I have my HTML:

<td align="left" id="intro">Welcome to the my website! <a href="http://xxxxx">Click here for more information.</a></td>

and my CSS:

#intro { display: block; text-indent: -9000px; background: url("welcome.gif") left top no-repeat; background-repeat: no-repeat; height: 80px; width: 480px; }

#intro a { display: block; margin-left: 275px; margin-top: 25px; height: 20px; width: 185px; }

But I cannot get the intro a to sit over the top of the intro text. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong pls?

At the moment, I have compromised by "positioning" the intro a actually over the URL area on the image, but I just want intro a to cover the whole image.

rmedek
09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
At the moment, I have compromised by "positioning" the intro a actually over the URL area on the image, but I just want intro a to cover the whole image.

Take out the width… by default a block-level element takes up the entire width of its container, so when you make the link a block-level element, all you need is the height.

takuhii
09-26-2006, 08:36 AM
This code is actually the compromise, what I really need is a way of specifically telling the intro a code that it has to sit over the intro ID exactly

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum