View Full Version : Windows or Linux Site

Nikolai459
09-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey guys,

I am redesigning a site for my uncle who deals a lot with artwork, there almost all of his clients use Macs.

I've only designed sites that are oriented to windows users. Is there a difference when it comes to Mac's or Linux users? Just curious before I build this entire site and come to find out it's not user friendly at all to 90% of his business...

Thanks in advance

Nick

haveacigar
09-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey guys,

I am redesigning a site for my uncle who deals a lot with artwork, there almost all of his clients use Macs.

I've only designed sites that are oriented to windows users. Is there a difference when it comes to Mac's or Linux users? Just curious before I build this entire site and come to find out it's not user friendly at all to 90% of his business...

Thanks in advance

Nick

shouldnt be... i mean programs like firefox are multi platform, and obviously each different browser will react differently, but all are going to conform to w3c standards, so you should be ok as long as you check your code ;)

oracleguy
09-24-2006, 01:52 AM
Most of the browsers that are on Mac or Linux are more standards friendly than IE/Win. And like the previous poster mentioned, Firefox is essentially the same program on multiple platforms so it should render fairly similarly to what it does on your Windows computer. But you'll also want to test it in Safari if there are a lot of people using Macs.

Nikolai459
09-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the info guys!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum