View Full Version : 2 column layout breaking apart.

09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey guys its early in the we hours of the morning and im puzzled as to why my layout has blown appart in Internet explorer 6 on a pc . I'm on a mac so i didn't notice it until a friend mentioned it. Also in IE on the mac the right menu drops to the footer. So obviously i screwed up somewhere. ( that will teach me to try and get it all done in one sitting haha )

The web address is:
Any help you fine gentelmen and occasional woman :P would be able to spare would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

09-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Mate, I'm not quite of the level to help you technically. But while you're waiting for others to, you're site looks really good. I'm going to show it to my boss!

09-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Its not that bad in IE for PC. Its mainly due to your spacing in your HTML though. Add this to your CSS

img {
That should fix the "blowing up" problem. I also noticed you were missing an = sign in one of your class declarations. As for IE Mac goes I don't think it supports the CSS float property so no your not doing much wrong, IE for Mac just doesn't support the newer stuff. Try using display:inline; instead along with float for the browsers that understand it.

<div id="subfooter2">
<p class"bottomtxt">Copyright 2006 Millwoods Family Dentistry & Designed by <a href="http://www.seamlessdesign.ca">www.seamlessdesign.ca</a><p>