View Full Version : Screen Capture of Image on Web Site

09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm looking to insert some code on a web page which will capture an video image which is being streamed to an embedded player so that I can save and view it later.

In fact, it would be better if there were some button command which would save a frozen picture of the image for later viewing and editing.

Anyone any ideas please?

09-07-2006, 01:26 AM
well alt+print screen can capture a still sot of the screen and then you can ctrl+v it into your favorite graphics program

09-10-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm playing about with streaming and am creating a simple web page with the following code below which allows me embed the Media Player.

The question / problem is, how do I insert code to take a snapshot of the video capture at any given moment and be able to save it? I know I can always do a 'print screen' but I want something a bit more professional. Ideally, it might show a thumbnail at the side of the page for any snapshots taken.

Ideas appreciated, Stephen

<!--- BEGIN PLAYER --->
<!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan ---->
<object ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="270" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject" CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112">

<param name="autoStart" value="True">
<param name="filename" value="">
<param NAME="ShowControls" VALUE="False">
<param NAME="ShowStatusBar" VALUE="False">
<embed TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="" NAME="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="270" autostart="1" showcontrols="0"></embed></object>
<!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan ---->
<!--- end PLAYER --->

09-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I can imagine it would be complicated; and most definately not something you could do with WMP.

I'm sure that it would be do-able in Flash, but I don't know enough to justify that. Flash can definately be used to play videos though (think YouTube and Google Video). Have a little search around on Google for some info on video in Flash.

09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
OK, I've created the web page with an embedded web cam view but I'd like to be able to insert a 'button' on the page to simulate the pressing of one of the function keys.

The reason being that I have a screen capture program running in the background. I could press one of the function keys, but I'd rather have the button linked.

Any ideas on how to do this appreciated, Stephen