View Full Version : Screen Capture of Image on Web Site

stephenc
09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm looking to insert some code on a web page which will capture an video image which is being streamed to an embedded player so that I can save and view it later.

In fact, it would be better if there were some button command which would save a frozen picture of the image for later viewing and editing.

Anyone any ideas please?

Stephen

harbingerOTV
09-07-2006, 01:26 AM
well alt+print screen can capture a still sot of the screen and then you can ctrl+v it into your favorite graphics program

stephenc
09-10-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm playing about with streaming and am creating a simple web page with the following code below which allows me embed the Media Player.

The question / problem is, how do I insert code to take a snapshot of the video capture at any given moment and be able to save it? I know I can always do a 'print screen' but I want something a bit more professional. Ideally, it might show a thumbnail at the side of the page for any snapshots taken.

Ideas appreciated, Stephen

<!--- BEGIN PLAYER --->
<!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan ---->
<object ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="270" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject" CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112">

<param name="autoStart" value="True">
<param name="filename" value="192.168.1.67">
<param NAME="ShowControls" VALUE="False">
<param NAME="ShowStatusBar" VALUE="False">
<embed TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="192.168.1.67" NAME="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="270" autostart="1" showcontrols="0"></embed></object>
<!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan ---->
<!--- end PLAYER --->

mark87
09-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I can imagine it would be complicated; and most definately not something you could do with WMP.

I'm sure that it would be do-able in Flash, but I don't know enough to justify that. Flash can definately be used to play videos though (think YouTube and Google Video). Have a little search around on Google for some info on video in Flash.

stephenc
09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
OK, I've created the web page with an embedded web cam view but I'd like to be able to insert a 'button' on the page to simulate the pressing of one of the function keys.

The reason being that I have a screen capture program running in the background. I could press one of the function keys, but I'd rather have the button linked.

Any ideas on how to do this appreciated, Stephen

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum