View Full Version : New guy, looking for some help designing a rating system.

kush
09-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi all, I'm glad I found this community, looks like an awesome place!

I'm designing a new site, and I'd like to incorporate a rating feature but I'm not sure how to code it. Here's what I want to do - if you go onto www.bash.org and click on "top100" at the top of the page, you can see that for each entry listed, you can click the little "+" or "-" next to it's rating to move it up or down one level.

I was just wondering if there was anyone who knows how that is coded, I'm interested in using a similar rating system on a site I'm building and that would be a really cool feature.

The only language I know is HTML, so whatever I use to code this I'd have to learn as I do it unfortunately. I've used MySql databases in the past for setting up forums, so I'm fairly familiar with how that works (if that's what I need to use for this), but I don't think I could write code fluently at this point without learning it first.

I guess I'm looking for a starting point, like what language would be the easiest/best to use, and whatever else you think I might need to get started.

Any help or advice would definately be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kush

googleit
09-05-2006, 05:29 PM
you shold have posted this here (http://www.codingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)

kush
09-05-2006, 05:53 PM
will do, thanks

googleit
09-05-2006, 06:00 PM
thank you

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum