View Full Version : How to open a parallel connection for streaming?

cdc08x
08-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi all!!

I have two questions to ask you:

Is there a way (and if so, what's it) to open a parallel connection to the server, by using javascript, in order to open an audio-streaming?
Is there a way to include a kind of VoIP module into an XHTML page by using Javascript (or something else - I hope I didn't go offtopic!)?About question 2: my goal is opening into the webpage itself a module that can make the user send his vocal commands to the server, (a sort of inverted audio streaming), in order to make it process and give a response directly on the page the browser is showing - like an AJaX architecture. Maybe it's just a dream but I'd like to know if it can be possible - nowadays, browsers like Opera make the vocal processing client-side (for more info, read here (http://my.opera.com/community/dev/voice/)), but it comes nearly impossible on mobile devices, because of their limited resources - that's why I'm asking if there was a chance to make the server process audio data, as a fair load balancing.

Thanks in advance!!

A1ien51
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
You need to look into Flex 2

Eric

cdc08x
09-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Thank you Alien51... but my main problem was not how to find a server-side app for analyizing audio, but how to send audio data to the server into a parallel channel, integrated in the web page - this is why I'm posting here my question :)!

A1ien51
09-01-2006, 04:31 PM
You are not going to be doing this through JavaScript. You need to look into a technology that supports it. That is Flex/Flash or applets.

Eric

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum