kaitco
08-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I found this article today....I made me go "Hmmm..."

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/8/21/5065

Spookster
08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
Sun-tzu
Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)

harlequin2k5
08-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Sun-tzu
no no no - that's what Michael Corleone learned from his father - or so he said while he was talking to Frank Pentangelli in "Godfather 2"

:D

rpgfan3233
08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Sun-tzu
An old and often overused, but appropriate, quote. Great job, Spookster!

It is appropriate in this case because if Firefox and such doesn't work on Vista, at least the developers will know ahead of time.

oracleguy
08-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, I think it more stems from if Firefox doesn't work in Vista they might get into some trouble given their past with the DoJ. One of their biggest competitors (in the browser market) product "seemingly" doesn't work on their brand new OS would look bad, even if the problem was intentional or not. M$ has intentionally caused incompatibility for competitor products in the past (http://www.theregister.co.uk/1999/11/05/how_ms_played_the_incompatibility/).

DELOCH
08-27-2006, 04:44 AM
I think that is faked,

the only way microsoft would help a firefox is a quick $ scheme.

they are probably trying to make another of their multi-millionaire plans ^_^

or Bill is drunk ^_^

oracleguy
08-27-2006, 06:51 PM
I think that is faked,

the only way microsoft would help a firefox is a quick $ scheme.

they are probably trying to make another of their multi-millionaire plans ^_^

or Bill is drunk ^_^

Yeah, its fake. :rolleyes: They are just trying to make money off a FOSS product by making sure it runs okay under Vista. :rolleyes:

i am the nut
08-28-2006, 02:47 AM
"Ruh-roh", looks as if Microsoft is pulling Mozilla software products into a reproduction and tie-in. Microsoft is most likely going to tie-in with Mozilla as they did with Apple and create mixes in software.

Ex) You can now run XP on Macintosh computers.

It's most likely going to be a "team-effort" in my opinion.

oracleguy
08-28-2006, 04:37 AM
Well running XP on the Mac doesn't have to do with Microsoft. It had to do with Apple starting to used Intel processors in their computers which is the type of processor Windows is written for.

iota
08-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Is it true Firefox doesn't run well or look great in Vista ?

We here haven't still tested this.

liorean
08-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Bah. Microsoft invited Firefox people just like they've been inviting Opera folks and everybody else making major software for Windows. Because they really need third party software (just like their own software, in fact) to look good in and work better in Vista in an effort to give a migration incentive. Vista, .NET, Avalon, WinFX et all are probably the largest under-the-hood changes of Windows since the switch to 32-bit.

But it's intended to be backwards compatible while being more secure (impossible without hacking OS to work with third party apps or getting third party vendors to cooperate) and Microsoft really needs the makers of old but entrenched third party software - companies more interested in continuing the development of their current code base than in migrating to the new APIs and programming environments - to help them give some type of incentive to change over.

rafiki
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
bills tryin to build a working browser :D (well a stable and reliable browser)

googleit
09-05-2006, 05:02 PM
i say the firfox devlopement team should sabotage the ie devolpement center
:p

krucial
09-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Lol why would let the horrid coders at M$ help out with Firefox?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum