View Full Version : WordPress - Problem Showing Code

08-20-2006, 01:27 AM
I have a problem with WordPress. Whenever I enter code into the WYSIWYG editor, it is turned into actual code (ie. < and >'s are not turned into &lt; & &gt;).

Can anyone advise on how to solve this?

08-20-2006, 03:14 AM
I'm not that familiar with Wordpress but I had a site in WP, briefly, and I remember there being a plugin to solve that issue. Maybe this (http://wp-plugins.net/plugin/code-markup/)?

08-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry but still having no luck... tried about 3 different plugins now and can't get any to work properly... it's really annoying as Wordpress (well, TinyMCE) keeps deleting lines of my posts etc if I add code in! :(

Even if I enter it into the HTML editor using the &lt;'s and &gt;'s it is still turned into proper code! Came across many people with the same problem through some Googling but haven't found a solid solution...

08-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Can you just turn off TinyMCE? Maybe use Textile instead, or the original "quicklinks" (or whatever they called it)

08-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Yup that's what I've done for now and it works. I may go on the look-out for a different WYSIWYG editor. :)

08-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Ah, forget about WYSIWYG! Nothing but troublemakers, I tell you, with their long rock and roll hair and their bloated markup. :D