View Full Version : you know any freewebspace 50megsUP that can unzip 2meg?

varcharcode
08-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Can you point me in a right direction here? I want to upload an opensource software to a free-space. This open source software is 2mb (opensource.zip) i need to upload it to a free server that allows 2mb per upload and capable of unzipping it inside the server... once unzipped it is 50mb +. Do you know any website that offers such service?

Brokenhope
08-18-2006, 04:30 AM
I dont think you will find a web hosting service anywhere that will unzip a file once on the server, free or paid... I highly highly highly doubt it actually... I dont even know if theres any servers that have a control panel that allows file unzipping... I think the server administrator would have to do it by hand... unless you find a hosting service that specializes in unzipping after uploads... never heard of doing that.

varcharcode
08-18-2006, 04:44 AM
There is in fact a service but you have to pay them... it was Netbred.com I already saw one they upload the zip file and unzip it there. To be precise it's a CMS file... What I'm looking for is the free site. Anyone?

Brokenhope
08-18-2006, 05:50 AM
There is in fact a service but you have to pay them... it was Netbred.com I already saw one they upload the zip file and unzip it there. To be precise it's a CMS file... What I'm looking for is the free site. Anyone?
How do you know that they uploaded a zip and then unzipped it?

Oh yeah, now that I think of it, hostultra automatically unzips files on the upload, If im not mistaken, for the sole reason that it doesnt support zip uploads, because its eaisly a coverup for a multimedia format that it doesnt support, so it just unzips it, and it only supports uploads up to 2mbs.

Why does this have to be unzipped on the server? Why dont you unzip on your computer then upload? Are you saying that your CMS is 50mbs?

varcharcode
08-18-2006, 09:28 AM
are you familiar with joomla?
there's too many files and folders and subfolders if you upload it one by one.

oracleguy
08-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I dont think you will find a web hosting service anywhere that will unzip a file once on the server, free or paid... I highly highly highly doubt it actually... I dont even know if theres any servers that have a control panel that allows file unzipping...

If you were paying for a host that gave you SSH access, you could more than likely use that to unzip a file you uploaded.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum