View Full Version : City Province Country Database

Crash1hd
08-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Hello All,

Does anyone out there have a sql file or a link to a sql file that I could work with that has a cross references all the citys provinces / states and countrys in the world? I have a database that lists all the countrys as there are only 193 per the UN but I dont have all the provinces / states (which is what I am looking for mostly but hey if theres one with citys as well bonus :) I would think by now in the year 2006 that there would be one already done out there that I could use

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

kaydara
08-17-2006, 11:41 AM
i have that for portugal only... not the world :D

guelphdad
08-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Did you bother to look at the thread titled:
Country, Regions, City database

about five or six threads below the one you have posted? Did the last item posted there help you at all?

Crash1hd
08-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Well that has some good resources but I was hoping to find an open source version. I did grab the countries as I noticed it had 240 countrys and I am interested to see what countrys are not listed in the UN's database, all the other resources cost money which I dont have so I will have to keep researching maybe I will just spend a day or two creating my own

guelphdad
08-18-2006, 11:17 PM
well that link that had the countries also had over 2,000,000 cities listed too.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum