View Full Version : Gallery2 Help

08-14-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't even know if this is the right place to post this question so please bump to the right one

I'm using gallery2 for a photo gallery (it was provided by the site host) and I'm having the most difficult time

as far as I can tell the site is using php 5.0.4 - I've been through all the faq and readme files and I'm still stuck - if anyone has experience and can help me I'd greatly appreciate it

I haven't posted the questions yet because there's no point if no one else knows how to use it

08-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Have you gone to their support page? http://gallery.menalto.com/support

08-14-2006, 12:40 AM
yes I have and I've even posted a message on their forum - there are just too many things that I can't make work and of course it would have to be the final element of the website right?

only reason I installed it was because the host offered it - now that it's installed and I've spent so many hours on it I can't walk away from it now thought I'll prolly never use it again *chuckles* although that's prolly not true cuz once I get it figgered out it'll be easier next time around

oh well - maybe I'll just try to install a different gallery package - I'm so completely disgusted right now...

08-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Coppermine is pretty good. It also depends on what type of gallery you are looking for. Personally a simple php script that pulls the images from a directory would be simple enough then style it to meet your needs. I really like the LightBox v2 gallery. It uses JS to view the images in a flash like manner, getting the images to load would be something you would have to do.

08-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I was going to use plogger much earlier today but I couldn't figure out how to upload the files - I guess I'm just being stupid today

08-14-2006, 01:17 AM
guess what I got installed??? plogger!!!

I really was just being stupid

I can't believe I spent an entire day on this and it was a 5 minute install and configure

regarding my previous post about not being able to get the files uploaded - I used fireftp and they went just fine - I have no idea what I was thinking!

>>does the happy-happy-joy-joy dance<<