View Full Version : server shows outdated webpage version

yeti
08-10-2006, 02:12 PM
hi there!

I am maintaining my band's website. I actualised the site a few days ago via ftp (I'm using Filezilla), but when I checked the page today, it shows up an older version of it. I immediately checked the ftp-directory and downloaded the whole directory and there are the newest files on it! :confused:
I cleared all the caches and watched it with four different browsers and at 2 different PCs, but it still shows the old outdated version of the page! :confused:

Did anyone of you experienced anything before?

http://cashfromchaos.madstein.at/index3.php

You can see the problem clearly on the guestbook-page: the last entry according to the database-file should be from 08/4/06!

VIPStephan
08-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I've never experienced this before. But you could try to delete the file on the server and then upload the new one. Maybe it is a caching issue?

Spookster
08-14-2006, 10:15 PM
I looked at the guestbook and the last entry shows that date

Date: Fri 08/4/06 4:46PM
Email:

Did you check the site using the same ISP? What kind of internet connection are you using? Broadband or Dialup? I believe some dialup services cache websites to help speed up their service.

yeti
08-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I contacted the server administrator and he told me that the IP of the server has changed and the problem occurs due to that fact.

I don't know the technical details yet, but apparently they were showing a server-backup.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum