View Full Version : [JavaScript/HTML] div, iframe and wrap ?

evildead
08-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone, :)

First of all, I work on a Oracle web oriented environment (9i) using PL/SQL.

You have certainly figured that I have an HTML/Jscript problem. I'm trying to complete the job of a collegue of mine who managed to create an online text editor in jscript (which is used in order to generate RTF documents).

I just want to put a wrap="hard" attribute on an iframe element but It doesn't work.

Moreover, I have some other difficulties : I want my iframe to save EVERY carriage returns (even those generated automatically by the text field when the user reaches the end of line).

To summarize, I have an iframe element which doesn't accept a wrap="hard" attribute (I think It saves correctly on submit the automatic carriage returns).

Notice that I use a iframe embedded on a div with a SRC attribute which permits to display my targetted page. This page contains only the text charged in the editor.

Thanks in advance for your help and forgive my poor english :D

<div style="left: 0px; width: 100%; position: relative; top: 0px;" width="650">
<iframe #TEXTESRC# wrap="hard" frameborder="1" style="font-face:Arial; font-size:12pt;" id="iView" height="220" width="650">
</iframe>
</div>

evildead
08-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Nobody ?
Sad !

vwphillips
08-09-2006, 09:36 AM
cant say that I have ever used wrap="hard"

but a quick google suggests that it is a textarea attribute, which is very different from an IFRAME

evildead
08-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I know that !

Well, I don't have targeted my question as well as I have expected.
I have find an attribute which can work : white-space = "pre".

My new question is : how can I manage to send ALL carriage returns as the same way that you can see it on your screen (so a regular WYSIWYG like word or notepad) ?

I really appreciate your help, vwphillips.

vwphillips
08-10-2006, 11:47 AM
I know that !

then why?

<iframe #TEXTESRC# wrap="hard" frameborder="1" style="font-face:Arial; font-size:12pt;

Sad

evildead
08-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah, wrap = "hard" can't work there, I just tried it.

But how can I manage to send ALL carriage returns as the same way that you can see it on your screen (so a regular WYSIWYG like word or notepad) please ?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum