View Full Version : Popups - return values and waiting

Feasoron
07-31-2006, 08:27 PM
I've created a website that steps through a series of questions using showModalDialog in IE. Now the sponsor for the project wants interoperability in Firefox. It's not really feasible to change the setup of the entire page; what I need to do is use window.open and not only get the return value but wait for it without doing an infinite loop (i.e. while (!windowReference.close).

Any ideas?

felgall
07-31-2006, 10:40 PM
See http://javascript.about.com/library/blmodald1.htm for an alternative way to create modal dialog boxes that is not specific to one browser and which doesn't require a loop to wait for the result.

Feasoron
08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks, that is actually perfect for what I am doing. I'm running into one small problem, however. When I copy the code into my own files for running, I get an error, supposedly on line 8 (a blank line) charcter 1706. The error tells me that 'null' is null or not an object. After some searching, I've come to the conclusion that it must be the null in the modaldbox.js file he provides. What am I missing that is causing this null to be invalid? It clearly works on his page, so I assume there is something I just don't know to do at work here. Again, thanks for the help.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum