View Full Version : Dreamweaver Table Issues

J1mmy
07-30-2006, 04:42 AM
Whenever I exapnd the table by the corner, Im only allowed to start of typing from the middle of the cell. Also, whenever I hit enter, theres a massive gap between the line above and new line. I dont know what wrong with it?? :S

ronaldb66
07-31-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't regularly use DreamWeaver so I couldn't tell what is meant by "expanding the table by the corner", but I do know DW usually creates a paragraph end and a new paragraph start (or rather: close current element and create new one) when using enter, which would explain the "massive gap" (actually one line height) you're experiencing.

I suppose you can't supply the markup and styles, preferably as a page online?

J1mmy
07-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Actually, ive found a solution. I have to add a <br> everytime i want to add a new line, that way it doesnt leave a line worth of a gap between the previous line and the new one.

vanraizen
07-31-2006, 09:36 PM
If you want to type at the top of a big cell instead of the middle. In dreamweaver where it says "Vert" change this option to Top. Now everything in the cell will be pushed to the top of the cell.

As for pushing enter. When you push enter in Dreamweaver it creates a new paragraph <p>. However, if you push shift+enter Dreamweaver inserts a line break instead <br>.

J1mmy
08-01-2006, 04:58 PM
If you want to type at the top of a big cell instead of the middle. In dreamweaver where it says "Vert" change this option to Top. Now everything in the cell will be pushed to the top of the cell.

As for pushing enter. When you push enter in Dreamweaver it creates a new paragraph <p>. However, if you push shift+enter Dreamweaver inserts a line break instead <br>.

Thanks! The new line is working, but i cant see "Vert" anywhere, where should I be looking?

vanraizen
08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks! The new line is working, but i cant see "Vert" anywhere, where should I be looking?

It should be in the properties area of the table at the bottom part of the screen to the left (by default).

If you still cant find it just put:

valign="top"

within the <td> tag, so everything in this td (cell) will be pushed up to the top.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum