View Full Version : Date_Format

Big-Pat
07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I am trying to reformat my mySQL dates into some thing like this: Sun, Jul 9th 2006 04:56:23 PM, using Date_Format(date, '%a, %b %D %Y %r'), but it's not working. I don't know why, any help would be appreciated.

Fumigator
07-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Replace "date" with "Now()".

Big-Pat
07-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Its not for the current time date is the col in my database.

Edit: This is the entire query:
$query = "SELECT `title`, `author`, Date_Format(date, '%a, %b %D %Y %r'), `content` FROM `news home` where `home` like 'home' order by `date` asc";

vinyl-junkie
07-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Do you have a field called Date_Format or just date in your database? MySQL is probably going to have a problem with that. You need to rename those fields to something else.

Big-Pat
07-15-2006, 05:40 PM
It's just date, but I will try that now.

Big-Pat
07-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Well I figured it out, I guess it was putting it in a different variable so I added "as post" so I could use $row['post'] in my for loop. What is it by default? It wasn't "date" and that was my assumption.

Fumigator
07-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Ah, yes, that'll bite you for sure.

The default variable is literally the name of what you select, i.e.

$row["Date_Format(Now(), '%a, %b %D %Y %r')"]

Which, needless to say, would be unwieldy to work with :)

guelphdad
07-16-2006, 03:37 PM
If you are posting a question where you are using some application to display the output, please make sure to mention that in your question as well.

that would give folks a clue as to what could be the problem and point you towards that.

If it is strictly a mysql query you would have had no problems returning the result in your original post. It was the call to that column that gave you the problem.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum