View Full Version : Same IPs?

Lordrea
07-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Hello,
On my website, I have two users that are on at the same time, with the same IPs. I'm no expert on the subject, but is this possible, other then using the same connection?

felgall
07-15-2006, 06:48 AM
All it means is that the connection between their provate network and the internet is shared. If a company has 10,000 employees and they are all on the company's local network and all access the same web site at the same time then there could be 10,000 people accessing the site all from the same public IP address. Their private IP addresses on the company network would all be different but you would need a Java or ActiveX module running client side that is able to get through their firewall in order to see that.

Lordrea
07-15-2006, 07:42 AM
I mean two friends have the same IP. After one rebooted their computer, they had different ones.

PcMan
07-17-2006, 12:17 AM
They are ONE network.

Like I have two computer, laptop and desktop. they are connected to one router. They both have the same IP. However, I have static ip...but if one doesn't then it changes once in a while.

oracleguy
07-17-2006, 05:23 PM
They are ONE network.

Like I have two computer, laptop and desktop. they are connected to one router. They both have the same IP.

The same IP on the internet but not on your LAN. That is an important distinction to prevent confusion.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum