View Full Version : Two backgrounds on one page

keyboardmaster
11-03-2002, 12:47 AM
http://members.rogers.com/inikiforovski/verdnex/ -> General

This is my site in its experimental form. I have made it using iframes and DHTML. The background is fixed in one place and does not move, but now i've decided to add another background - the circles but they move when i scroll down the page.

I would really appreciate if somebody could advise me how to have the two backgrounds on one page, so that the circles are not repeated but only appear once and so they dont move - just like my first background.

Thanx in Advanced
Keyboardmaster

joh6nn
11-03-2002, 01:09 AM
i'd love to help you, but i have no clue what you're talking about. backgrounds, in my mind, are mutually exclusive. you have one, or you have another one, but not two together. i thought maybe i'd figure it out by following your link, and looking for circles, but i didn't see anything even remotely round.

in short, i'm confused. can you explain this more clearly?

PlatinumProject
11-03-2002, 01:22 AM
--do you want your back ground fixed
--wat circle
--do you have an iframe there fo the up and down

--wat do u mean you wan two backgrounds to do this you could use a table and insert another image as the cells bg
--like joh6nn sed explian your self

krycek
11-04-2002, 03:12 PM
I think I know what you are trying to do...

How about making a DIV, with a background that is transparent except for some circles, and then scrolling the DIV with some Javascript?

That's what I would do :)

::] krycek [::

snakewithatilda
11-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by keyboardmaster
http://members.rogers.com/inikiforovski/verdnex/ -> General

This is my site in its experimental form. I have made it using iframes and DHTML. The background is fixed in one place and does not move, but now i've decided to add another background - the circles but they move when i scroll down the page.

I would really appreciate if somebody could advise me how to have the two backgrounds on one page, so that the circles are not repeated but only appear once and so they dont move - just like my first background.

Thanx in Advanced
Keyboardmaster

What I think he talking about is having a background stay in one place and when someone scrolls down it just moves the words and pictures but not the background.

eak
11-04-2002, 04:42 PM
in the latest browsers that support the dom, you can do this to get 2 seperate bg images.

html{
background-image:url('yourBG.jpg');
background-attachment:fixed;
}

body{
background-image:url('yourBG2.jpg');
background-attachment:fixed;
}

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum