View Full Version : Windows Media Player album art?

Len Whistler
07-05-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm ripping my CD collection with Windows Media Player and when I'm online I get the track titles and album art - very painless and quick. Were is the album art stored on my computer? When I burn to DVD I want the art to go with it. I suspect that it's embedded in the 1st song.

I did a Google search but couldn't find anything.

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-05-2006, 05:57 AM
The album art is just normal jpg images though by default they are hidden files. They will be in the location of where the music is stored. Turn on showing of hidden files and you should see them.

LateBloomer
11-28-2009, 10:36 PM
AeroSpace engineer you have a lot of stars so you must be right... but I display hidden files in all my folders and don't see any .jpg files. What am I doing wrong?

primefalcon
11-29-2009, 05:37 AM
AeroSpace engineer you have a lot of stars so you must be right... but I display hidden files in all my folders and don't see any .jpg files. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure your showing hidden files and not protected system files

Apostropartheid
11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
It's also possible that the images have been embedded into the file.

1bazzer
08-21-2010, 09:54 AM
For Windows Vista, to see the album art files in the relevant album folder, you need "Hide protected operating system files" in Control Panel > Folder Options > View (tab) to be unticked.

hitek
09-07-2010, 11:48 AM
But what do you want to do with this file?

emerald7
09-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I had no idea about album art until I came across this thread and discovered something. :D I thought newer versions of media player are more boring I haven't learned about the usual 'now playing' mode as I used to operate before. Thanks for the lead.

Dkweb
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Microsoft Windows Media Player attempts to download the CD cover art and try 2 following step
On the Tools menu, click Options.
On the Privacy tab, select the Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet check box.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum