View Full Version : Delaying Flash swf file till site finsihes loading?

07-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey all, I have a flash.swf file that is embeded in a table, and I'd like to delay its start until the rest of the page has loaded - how can I do this?

I believe it requires something to do with the OnLoad function??...or perhaps I can use Actionscript (but thats not relative to this forum - but if ya know:) ) ?

07-08-2006, 04:43 PM
try to put xmlHttpReq in onLoad

07-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Sorry rm-f but I dont understand what you mean by 'try to put xmlHttpReq in onLoad'

I have the following code that i need to delay the start of it until the rest of the page loads OR by a set amount of time (say 15 seconds).
Where abouts and what do I add to make this happen? I have never experienced a xmlHttpReq in coding before, so I look forward to learning something here.

Here is the object code for the Flash Media that I am trying to delay starting:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
id="SecuScan_test" width="512" height="184"><param name="movie" value="SecuScan_test.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<embed name="SecuScan_test" src="SecuScan_test.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="2048" height="734"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">

Any clues or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

07-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Stop your flash movie on the first frame.

Then put this as an attribute in your <body> tag :

<body onload="document.SecuScan_test.TPlay('_level0')">