View Full Version : Windows network stopped working

squirellplaying
06-24-2006, 04:14 AM
After I ran windows update my network stopped working. I'm connected through a router and set up a workgroup on my windows machine. When I try to view work group computers I get the error:

Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network administrator.

I've applied the patch as described here : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896427
It's not the exact problem but I figured worth a try.

I've made sure the browser, server, anything network related services were running. I turned off windows firewall. Nothing.

This is all trying to view the workgroup computers from the windows computer where I set it up. On the linux computer I can view the linux computer but the windows one is not shown. Both computers are connected through the router.

I had this working before and was able to share files perfectly.

daniel_g
06-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Right Click on My Computer, then check under Computer Name that your workgroup name is correct. If is not, you will need to re-join the workgroup. Otherwise, try making a brand new Workgroup to see if that works.

Other thing you could try:
Start-->Programs-->Accesories-->System Tools-->System Restore
Then select a date before the upgrade

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum