View Full Version : Submitting Information Via PHP & MySQL

06-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I am pretty new to the whole PHP thing. I am working on a site, and so far all I have is HTML, with a pre-made php comments script. This is for my schools broadcasting site. Instead of adding all the new movies via dreamweaver, or editing by hand, I would like to create a php submission system. I need it to do a few things.

1. I need a way for people to register for the site, very simple, just name, email, etc...

2. A single form to do the follwing: enter the title, recognize what user submitted it, enter the description, enter tags, the date on which it was submitted, and to upload the actual video file to a media file.

3. Have the form posted to a single page, where comments can be left, and users can rate the movie (if there logged in).

I know this is a lot for a php newb, but I really do need to get this site up and running. I have a feeling this is going to become my second home over the summer. :) Anything you can do to help would be awesome. Point me to tutorials, give me example code, do it for me entirely :rolleyes: , point me to a site that does this...

06-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Can someone at least point me in the direction of a good tutorial that relates to php & MySQL