View Full Version : Posting HTML Code from script

06-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Ok, can this be done.

I need to post from a php script several text fields that have normal text, but I also need to post some HTML code which consists of a table and hyperlinks as well.

- First can HTML Code actually be posted from a normal HTML form?
- Whether or not it can be done from a HTML form can it be done from a php script? If so how do I go about doing this?

I have tried to achieve it from an HTML form, but it seems to ignore the HTML code after the post and I'm left with just the text.

Thank You.

06-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Explain what you need again!!! Here is how you post HTML coding & table code using php...you will need to change everything to make if work with your form, but you only wanted to know how to make HTML display using php.

echo '<TABLE border="0">';
echo '<TR><TH>First:</TH><TH>Last:</TH></TR>';

echo '<TR>';
echo '<TD> Your input boxes go here!!!</TD>';
echo '<TD> Your input boxes go here!!!</TD>';
echo '</TR>';

echo '</TABLE>';

06-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Well... I was under the impression that I could not get HTML tags and text to actually POST to another page from a form post. So I was trying to confirm this and to find out how to actually generate a post from a pure PHP coding (not an actual form).

One site documenting HTML said it couldn't be done, but apperently they were wrong... or maybe under a certain condition it was true.

I have figured out what to do now I think. I looks like I also needed the stripslashes due to magic_quotes and I found a site that showed how to generate a post from pure PHP code (not via a form).

I am going to play with it tonight and see if I get it all and I'll post what I am doing and get some feedback.