View Full Version : amaena?

sevenel_mx
06-14-2006, 12:59 PM
hi all i need some help

Ive found a virus on my machine which wants me to install a winantivirus program e.t.c and is making my machine really slow, i have a full version of nortons (not a freeware) ubt no detection by it
it sends me to amaena .com
anyone know of this?
Please help i have ALOT of stuff on my machine that can be replaced (we store all family photos e.t.c) and was stupid enough o not have a system backup!

any help appreciated, THANKS

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Sounds more like spyware. Download, install, and run spybot search and destroy. May try lavasoft's adaware. Don't run both at the same time. This link supposedly has instructions for removal. Give it a try. http://remove-spy.blogspot.com/2006/04/amaena-winfixer-sysprotect-pop-up.html

sevenel_mx
06-14-2006, 09:58 PM
i havent tried wht it sais there but the comment by the quy -This is simply waste tool. It asked me to remove Norton antivirus and I removed it. Its killing my time when I reboot my machine. I can do nothing for 1 hr since its still reboots, and it happens always. I went to safemode and removed panda software. My "Amaena Winfixer Sysprotect Pop Up" problem still persists. Anyone know any otherway to fix this. This is really killing my time.
Thanks
Praveen
Thats the same spyware i have its an AMANEA one the same as is?
What do I do?

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah I saw that but maybe it was just him. I have tried panda antivirus before. It does catch a lot of stuff. It won't hurt to try, I'm sure at this point you are willing to do anything to get rid of it, just goes to show you should be careful at what sites you visit. I recently found a program called CCleaner. It might be helpful.

daniel_g
06-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Dude, if it's spyware, you can just back up the info that you Really need an just format the whole thing. That would be the easiest.
Then again, you could try Security Task Manager, Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot, Norton(since you already have it), and Zone Alarm, and spend a couple days tracking down the bad files and their mutating names, and a couple hours more on Safe-Mode trying to erase them, all that without formatting the computer.

In either case, after the computer is clean, install or leave all the software I mentioned avobe on the system.

If you end up using Security Task Manager, use it's "Google It" function before sending to quarantine anything at all.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum