PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I need

Varient
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
I have a website that reviews genre specific films and archives those reviews. What I'm looking to do is have it set up to where I can type up all the review information (film details and the actual content of the review) in a web form and then hit submit and it stores the info in a database and writes the information to a webpage. Essentially php webpage generation from a web form. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can achieve this? I really don't want to learn every aspect of php as I've tried videos and books to no avail.

Spookster
06-12-2006, 10:52 PM
In the future, please use a more descriptive subject when posting a question. See posting guidelines. (http://www.codingforums.com/postguide.htm)

lavinpj1
06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
You'd be better using a database and calling info from that, but if you insist on using dynamically written pages, look at using fwrite.

~Phil~

Varient
06-13-2006, 03:49 AM
You'd be better using a database and calling info from that, but if you insist on using dynamically written pages, look at using fwrite.

~Phil~

Could you elaborate more on what you suggested as being better and point me in the right direction in getting started. It'd be much appreciated.