View Full Version : Video Game Cliches

zealotgi
06-09-2006, 08:23 PM
This is hillarious, and true, in fact :)

http://www.theshadowsun.net/collection/view/138

Haz567
06-15-2006, 02:11 AM
Interesting read zealot :p

rpgfan3233
06-15-2006, 07:34 PM
That was enjoyable and quite true. In fact, this is why I dislike the newer Sonic games. Aside from the mystery of Shadow's past, which is good BECAUSE it is a mystery, the games just don't have the same classic in-game feel.

Like the article said, there was no reason to have a storyline. If there was a storyline, at least it was simple. The original Super Mario Bros. games were simple too: save Princess "Peach" Toadstool and beat the spikes out of King "Bowser" Koopa.

Basically, everything got too complicated for classic gamers. A fully-developed story just makes things boring. For example, these days you are thinking, "Yes! I beat the final boss!" and then you a poor reward. In fact, the only games I play now are usually some form of racing (no story in the ones I play, you just race), such as Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, or serious-feeling role-playing games, such as the main Final Fantasy series or the Kingdom Hearts series. BTW, I still enjoy the RPGs known as Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. :)

SteelValor
07-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Give me Mr's Do's Castle on the STEAM engine and I will be happy as a happy guy can get. :D

zealotgi
07-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Give me Mr's Do's Castle on the STEAM engine and I will be happy as a happy guy can get. :D

Yeah, no kidding :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum