View Full Version : Login and password script`

sirborder
06-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi,
I have a form where people sign up then I put there info into my login and password script. Is there a way that as soon as they sign up, there info is in the password script?

If anyone could help me in any form or way, that would be great.

Sirborder

takin
06-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Your request isn't very clear. I assume you're talking about a login page with user name and password and posting to the form information to a second page with a script to verify the data. If so, you can use {$_POST['user_name']} and {$_POST['password']} directly in your script.

But I've been told by someone who knows better than me that you should sanitise (strip slashes) from the data first, which means extra lines of code.

sirborder
06-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Thanks, but i have no idea what you just said.
Please put it in easier terms. I'm a newcomer to html, php, and css.

lansing
06-10-2006, 02:20 AM
Clarify what you are wanting. You aren't too clear on your request.

sirborder
06-10-2006, 04:15 AM
I wan't it to put the users info(name&password) right into the password script when they sign up, so i don't have to do it manually.

takin
06-10-2006, 04:26 AM
You're still not being clear. What script? What is the process your users go through?

We're noobies as far as your script goes. We know nothing. You'll need to give us as much detail in your description as you'd expect in an answer.

lansing
06-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Post your registration script & your separate login script for us. Then we can help you. Secondly...do you make your users verify their e-mail address when they register before their account is activated?

danielwarner
06-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Ok so i offen post this script to people but its attached again... i think its what your discribing...

Its basicly just a login script i made when i was starting out php & SQL... its an automatic login system with 3 user levels.

Edit cons.php (set database, username and password (first 4 -5 lines on the page) then dont worry about the rest)... open MySQL Tables.txt, run the queries in your database manager (probably phpMyAdmin or something) then just run the script...

Its very easy to edit, basic standard HTML with minimal lines of code involved.

sirborder
06-12-2006, 01:04 AM
You guys need to work with me here. I have no idea how to use PHP.

Digger3000
06-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Define: "Password Script."

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum