View Full Version : your band's name

ubik
06-03-2006, 09:13 AM
If you were to start your own band and it was up to you to name the band, what would you end up calling it?

I remember when I was into visual basic, I thought that "static void" would be the craziest name for a band, lol. what would be yours?

chilipie
06-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm in the Chocolate Flavoured Rubber Ducks.

Don't ask :D

harbingerOTV
06-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Clovis (http://home.earthlink.net/~harbingerofthevoid/clovis) (wip)

syedasif
06-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Aural

Kurashu
06-20-2006, 02:18 AM
This Generic Metal Band

Ranger56
06-20-2006, 06:00 AM
Spiders Eat Babies

Blind Zero
06-20-2006, 07:24 AM
I never really thought of names when out of a band, but "Apostetic" is the name of my current band.

Aradon
06-20-2006, 11:51 PM

And it would be a three person band...

Bipolar_joe
06-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I used to be in a band called "Super Sonic Cyber Death Monkey."

Now I just do solo work under the name The Duckman.

And, unfortunatly, Static Void has already been taken:
staticvoid (www.myspace.com/staticvoid)

Not exactly the greatest band ever, but oh well.

NancyJ
06-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I was in a band called Downing Street Decadence (I didnt think of the name but I was the only one in the band that knew what it meant)
My mate had a cool band name - they were called NIMH (not in my house)

Bipolar_joe
06-22-2006, 12:58 PM
And what does the name mean, Downing Street Decadence?

TheShaner
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm in a band called Captain Yesterday. If you watch Futurama, then you'll know where that came from (it was Fry's superhero name in one episode). I had no choice in the name. They needed a drummer and I jumped in, heh.

-Shane

wabirdman
06-24-2006, 10:47 AM
I have actually played in a few bands.

Here are the names of bands that I have been in

2 Fingers Up
Money Shot
Suprize Arrival
Lost Saints (current)

(damn, I am a bit of a band whore :P)

Howiej
06-24-2006, 12:56 PM
I always said to myself that if I had a band (unlikely then or now) I would make sure the name contained a colour.

How many successful bands can you think of that have done this?
There's plenty out there: black sabbath, pink floyd, blue monday, yellow, deep purple, simply red...... etc etc

Mine would be --

topaz_13
06-27-2006, 12:42 AM
A random name my friends came up with it was the photocopiers!!!!

We were in the library and sitting next to the photocopier so they decided if they ever formed a band it would be the photocopiers!!!!

mindlessLemming
06-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Bands I've played guitar in over the past 10 years, in chronological order
- Xian [grunge -- it was the early 90's, everyone was doing it ;) ]
- Umbilical Chord [ rock/funk ]
- Dr. Inkstall's Therapy Group [Funk]
- Kerp [Funk, Jazz, HipHop - this band lasted 7 years]
- Tractor [Industrial]
- Merging Traffic [Funk, live Drum n Bass, Rock ]

Kurashu
06-27-2006, 07:10 PM
How many successful bands can you think of that have done this?
There's plenty out there: black sabbath, pink floyd, blue monday, yellow, deep purple, simply red...... etc etc

I'd say Maroon Five and Pink, but you had the adjective successful in there. =P

slushy77
07-01-2006, 11:18 PM
It would have to be "Various Artists" and it would be trademarked/copyrighted in the UK, the US and Oz

Crake
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
i never thought about it i dunno i used to play guiter but gave up i like the name

various artist is the best one you lot came up with

firepages
07-05-2006, 04:26 PM
ex member of 'the Fauves' (no not the succsessful ozzie one) who later became `Ye Fungus` a merge between the fauves and `Bliss the Pocket Opera` & The onle and only `S.H.A.G` (S*t Hot And Groovy) all wel'ard names if you ask me. (which you have probably guessed you don't want to do)

firepages
07-05-2006, 04:28 PM
PS, I have seen WAbirdman playing ... and he is far too tall to be taken seriously .... OK he plays guitar far better than I ever did these days but thats NOT a sore point ;)

wabirdman
07-10-2006, 09:56 AM
PS, I have seen WAbirdman playing ... and he is far too tall to be taken seriously .... OK he plays guitar far better than I ever did these days but thats NOT a sore point ;)

Now now Firepages (name witheld for legal reasons :cool:), 6ft 3in isnt that tall :P You missed out on a great night that Friday night gig. We won the heat and have progressed through to the semi-finals (25, 26 August). I even got chatting (for ages) with the hot singer from another band on that night :D.

aprestong
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Impatient Pete and the Disco Quarterbacks

Beagle
07-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I formed a four piece rock band named Ivory Tower in the mid '90s.

After we kicked the crazy one out and got a kick *** drummer, we formed a new experimental funk/rock/jazz trio named Jive Turkey.

In the process of naming the bands though, the following were suggested:
Quine
Black Mammul Hype
Blue Azuration

I had a girlfriend in a band called Ad Infinitum

And the classic funny band names from the net that stuck with me are:
Hot Rod and the Skid Marks
Dewey and the Decimal System

wabirdman
07-14-2006, 04:00 AM
If anyone is interested to hear my current bands music then head to www.mp3.com.au/LostSaints

SteelValor
07-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Was in a metal band for 10+ years by the name of "King's Gate"

Donkey
08-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Way back in the 60's and early 70's when the music was real I was lead guitar and vocals for a three piece called "Filthy Beast".

karmann
08-19-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure but as a climber there is is always some kudos in being able to name a route after its first ascent and i've seen some strange names - the most bizarre being; 'Mr Plod and the gay dwarves go to the tea party"

elfpickle
09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
If you were to start your own band and it was up to you to name the band, what would you end up calling it?

I remember when I was into visual basic, I thought that "static void" would be the craziest name for a band, lol. what would be yours?

OMG... you people should get out more....... I think i might go shoot myself. ... That would be a good band name...:cool:

elfpickle
09-01-2006, 03:20 PM
If anyone is interested to hear my current bands music then head to www.mp3.com.au/LostSaints

Dude thats not your band..... is it????

I swear i've heard them before.... Have you been on the J's.:confused:

wabirdman
09-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Dude thats not your band..... is it????

I swear i've heard them before.... Have you been on the J's.:confused:

No, we havent been on the J's. I wish. We are a Perth band and we just won the semi final for "Perths Best New Original Band Comp" at the Bog. We are currently working on a bio so we can enter the song "Rock City" in to the J's Unearthed Comp.

There is a small chance that we could be the support act for Gryroscope if they (Metro City) can sucure a deal to get them to play.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum