View Full Version : NoAdware: really good or a load of "Sh**"?

Advancedkill
05-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I have noadware, the (well known) adware removal tool - www.noadware.net. My friend has told me that it lies about what is on your pc and that it is crap.

Arguement for crap:

1. All anti-virus software used found the same things that noadware did.
2.Spoke on live-help to "bulldog" (makers of a antivirus program) and were told that was crap.

Arguement against:

1.noadware checks the ram for adware; the other software used doesnt.
2.noadware checks for adware, whereas the anti-virus software used only checks for viruses.

What do you thin - do you know anything (noadware is free to download and try, only you have to pay if you want to remover anything that it finds)

felgall
05-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Why not use AdAware or Spybot Search and Destroy (or both). They are not only free to download and try - they are free to use.

Spookster
05-30-2006, 10:24 PM
# 1.5) No objectionable content- Do not post content/subject/links that may not be appropriate to everybody, including minors. Examples include adult links, hateful/ distasteful content, vulgar language etc.

Using vulgar language with certain letters starred out is still not appropriate in our forums.

rpgfan3233
05-31-2006, 04:51 AM
Using vulgar language with certain letters starred out is still not appropriate in our forums.
Not to mention the fact that the '*' character can also be used as a wildcard. The way it was typed could be referring to multiple word endings (usually only suffixes though).
j/k :p

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm going to say it is crap. I did a scan with it and it found many files that I knew were legit. Ironically I scanned with lavasoft adaware and it picked up noadware as spyware. Needless to say I uninstalled noadware after adaware picked it up.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum