View Full Version : Get text and display

05-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, first of all, let me apologize for not being certain in which forum to post. I'm not that into coding.. but hey here's what I am looking for.

I'm looking for a script which can look up a number in a HTML document. There are 12 of these numbers on different HTML sites. I want to display them on one page without going through the trouble of looking at each HTML page to see that number.

The number on that page changes once in a while (without having a certain pattern) and therefore it would be usefull to display all 12 numbers on one page.

In short; Is there any way of script that can read regular text from an HTML page (maybe indicated by line number?) and then display that number on a page?

Thanks in advance and sorry for being a bit vague..

05-22-2006, 09:35 AM
If all of those pages were on the same domain, then, yes I suppose you could use JavaScript to do it. Otherwise, you would need to use a server-side language.

It sounds like you want a custom script. I suggest you ask a moderator to move this to the "Paid work offers and requests" forum.

05-22-2006, 06:23 PM
They are indeed on the same domain/server! Do you have any idea if there is any standard script for this? Adjusting is no problem, just the creating part is a bit hard :). So far I haven't had any leads towards any script being able to look up text on a html page.