View Full Version : Passing radio button/drop down menu info to somebody else's form?

QT Johnson
05-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Howdy Folks,

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really new at this stuff.

Is it possible to create a very simple form that allows people to "pre-select" radio button and drop-down options, then pass that information on to somebody else's form?

At this point these other folks don't want to modify their code to acoomodate my needs, so I'm wondering if it is possible to do it without their cooperation.

I need input type="radio" name="fundSelector" value="graduatingclass" to be checked and one of the select box values to be preselected
<select name="graduatingClassSelection">

Source code is attached.

Cheers,
QT Johnson

Arbitrator
05-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Howdy Folks,

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really new at this stuff.

Is it possible to create a very simple form that allows people to "pre-select" radio button and drop-down options, then pass that information on to somebody else's form?

At this point these other folks don't want to modify their code to acoomodate my needs, so I'm wondering if it is possible to do it without their cooperation.

I need input type="radio" name="fundSelector" value="graduatingclass" to be checked and one of the select box values to be preselected
<select name="graduatingClassSelection">

Source code is attached.

Cheers,
QT JohnsonYou should be able to select a form choice by default using the selected attribute. If you're using XHTML, you need to spell out the full attribute. Example:

HTML4: <option selected>
XHTML: <option selected="selected"></option>

Resource: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.6.1

I believe this also applies to radio buttons.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum