View Full Version : Editing the scrollbar of a webpage??

wanye
10-25-2002, 09:49 AM
hi, how do i actually edit the scrollbar of a webpage, eg. changing its color, design etc...?? for example juz like the green scrollbar i am seeing rite now in this forum. need help on that. thx...

is it done by using stylesheets..? can someone show me an example of these stylesheets? thx..

murphyz
10-25-2002, 09:56 AM
here you go:

<STYLE type="text/css">
<!--
BODY {
scrollbar-face-color:#FFFFFF;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#FFFFFF;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#FFFFFF;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#FFFFFF;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#FFFFFF;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#C0BCC0;
scrollbar-track-color:#FFFFFF;
}
-->
</STYLE>

Just change the colours to how you want it and slip the code into your head tags :)

Mxx

Revelle
10-25-2002, 02:48 PM
For the section of code provided by murphyz, can easily be thrown into a CSS file :)
----

http://www.javascriptcity.com/scripts/new_submissions/usersub386.htm

Above link is a really neat and 'colourful' chunk of code you can use to cycle random colours on your scrollbars.

Very interesting eye-candy. The codes for the coloures are edit-able so what you see is only an example :D
There is a link at the bottom of this page (on URL provided) to show you what it looks like.

murphyz
10-25-2002, 03:00 PM
I imagine that alternating colour could be very annoying - although some people may like it, and it will probably fit in well with a heart operation site I am doing as it could look like a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

Revelle
10-25-2002, 03:04 PM
Now -that's- a neat idea.

glad to help :D

But about the cycling colours becoming annoying.. well with the wrong colours and the speed (both of which you can edit) at which the cycling occurs, I agree. You gotta be careful. :>

redhead
10-25-2002, 04:18 PM
i seem to remember that brothercake has a crazy scrollbar colour changing thing...

pharma
10-25-2002, 07:23 PM
i know this been an old story, but i remembered seeing a scrollbar that is on the left of the window instead on the right side.

i saw the source code but unfortunately unable to understand it. it was so huge that it would need to be viewd on the MSwordpad.

Revelle
10-25-2002, 08:14 PM
If that's the case pharma, I for-1 would actually love to see and use that code :>

"a-huntin' I will go"

...you've peeked my interest...

Revelle
10-25-2002, 08:18 PM
And behold! I have found it! :D

http://www.digitalplazma.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17

It's very simple and a few tweaks to your alignment codes and there ya go :) I.e. instead of leaving the default of left-alignment to take over (because with this tiny code adjustment, everything gets thrown over to the right), you have to HARD code stuff to be aligned left.

<html dir="rtl">

*phew, that's a lot of code eh? JK! ;)

Quiet Storm
10-25-2002, 09:40 PM
CROSSPOSTED (http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=40870#post40870)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum