View Full Version : please help an idiot with a simple averaging script.

05-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Coding just isn't my thing. I've searched tutorials, and made several attempts, but to no avail. All I need is a script that includes a student name variable, and can compute the average of three assignments (number grades not, letters). I know I've just opened a floodgate for flames, and I know how common, and annoying these requests must be. For that I apologize, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance. Heres hoping someone will humor this nonsense, and offer up a script :)

Philip M
05-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I am afraid that the rules of the forum do not allow us to do homework assignments. If you simply turn in someone else's work you will never learn yourself (and have an even bigger problem with your next assignment).

You say you have made several attempts. Post one of them and someone will probably be able to point you in the right direction. And please do not use the gruesome expression "Thanks in advance". It is discourteous and says that although you are a newcomer you take other's help for granted.

05-09-2006, 01:43 AM
I did two versions of every programming assignment: a working solution that I kept secret until turned in, and a subtly flawed decoy that I left around for the plagarists to find... :cool:

05-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Like Philip said - your best bet on here for help with homework is to post what you've already done and have someone guide you in the right direction. I dunno about everyone else on here, but i'm not a fan of doing someone else's homework without getting the credit for it.

05-10-2006, 07:17 PM
simple averaging script:

function Avg(V1,V2,V3) {
return A;