View Full Version : New website with user interface!!!

vivek9856
04-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi all. I am new to web programming, but I have to make a website for a local group that would have a user interface. I want to make a page that the user may enter the home page, then click on a link, upon which they will see a login screen. They should then be able to type in a password and username to access a control panel like screen. I want the users to have links where they can download pictures, see streamed video $ audio, and also download video and audio. I also want the user to have a mail client and access to a forum that runs on the page. Basically I want C Panel with my own buttons. How do I do this? Am I even supposed to use Javascript? Please help. I am confused...:confused: :eek:

Vladdy
04-30-2006, 10:01 PM
considering all the features you described, your best course of action is to hire someone, who knows how to do that

vivek9856
04-30-2006, 10:09 PM
The problem is that the only reason that the organazation told me to make the website is that they had no money to hire someone. So here I am having do do it myself. If there is anything similar to what I need, I could use that and modify it some to fit my needs.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Vladdy
04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I guess it was your mistake then to take that job. Start with figuring out what server side language(s) host supports (ASP, ASP.NET, PHP) and learn it.....

copynpaster
05-04-2006, 07:55 AM
hey good one vldaddy

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum