View Full Version : Page for non-technical users to update

a4udi
04-28-2006, 01:42 AM
I haven't coded anything in PHP in a long while and whenever I do, I don't again for so long I forget everything! What I'm looking to do is make a page where a user can login, then have a page after that with a bunch of fields that anyone can update by filling it in, hitting submit and have those changes be made on the live webpage. Kind of like updating a table with stats.

If anyone can point me to a script or help get me started that would be awesome. Thanks.

Nightfire
04-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Just make a form that submits info to a db secured by sessions or something.

bustamelon
04-28-2006, 08:10 AM
snarky coment deleted
for the greater good

khendar
04-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Its actually not terribly hard. Easiest way to do it would be to pick up an open source WYSIWYG library such as FCKEditor, plug it into a form/php combo to update it and write the resultant HTML to the database.

[edit]

*reads the post*

If its just a table of stats or something, then it should be a simple matter of building a form, populating it with the current data from the database, allowing it to be changed then writing it back in.

a4udi
04-28-2006, 07:17 PM
I was thinking of having it pull from a text file or something (I suppose I was curious as to the different ways it could be done), but I guess I could figure it out with mySQL and just update a simple table.
Thanks for the help.

snarky coment deleted
for the greater good
That's a shame, I probably would've enjoyed the jab. :thumbsup:

bustamelon
04-28-2006, 08:26 PM
That's a shame, I probably would've enjoyed the jab. :thumbsup:

Heheh. I think it was something like, "Hey can someone show me real quick how to write a content management system?" Certainly it was nothing useful in any way, and I thought better of it afterward -- if you don't have anything nice to say... But I'm glad you have a sense of humor.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum