View Full Version : Games on WinXP needing Admin

itsonlybarney
04-27-2006, 05:24 AM
Is there any way to get around the fact of running games on an Admin account on WinXP?

My brother wants to play a game that needs an admin account to run but I don't want to give him that privilege because he will want to install anyhting he comes across and I don't particularly want him doing that.

oracleguy
04-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Well you could install the game yourself under admin then when he wants to play it, you can use the secondary login thing and run the game as an admin. It is sort of like the sudo command on linux.

It will ask for your password and all so it might be some sort of a hassle but it would work. You can just right click on the executable and there should be a "Run As..." choice.

itsonlybarney
04-28-2006, 07:06 AM
I don't really want to give him a password to an admin account on the computer because then he can access that account and then possibly install unwanted programs.

Any other ideas??

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-28-2006, 08:11 AM
You don't have to give him a password. Install the program under your admin account then login to his account, right click the EXE and click on run as you should have the option to run as the admin account ONLY for that program nothing else.

ttttt
04-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Or you could try running the game on a flash disk. I'm not sure if that would get around the admin thing but it's worth a try. :thumbsup:

Celtboy
04-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Or you could try an app like SuperCrypt aka lsrunase (http://www.lansweeper.com/ls/lsrunas.aspx)....

basically a wrapper script...

HTH

-Celt

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum