View Full Version : PHP Troubles

04-27-2006, 04:33 AM
I am still somewhat new to PHP, but I have a decent understanding. I am still learning most of language and figured I would sketch out what I wanted to do before I get to far ahead.

I am interested in making a website that will have an admin control panel. Within that control panel I would like to be able to have a setting inside the control panel that allows them to make an announcement(shows up in the main content on index page), add tutorials, and add downloads. For the tutorials, i would like it to almost be like a form where I type in the title, description, and then the actual content.

How would I go about doing this? maybe somone could point me in the right direction

The navigation should in the end look like this... www.site.com/tutorials.php?id=...

How exactly do I do this?

04-27-2006, 04:35 AM
sounds like you are just trying to create a dynamic web page, setup a database to hold your data, then when you pull up the page instead of having the data there just echo a variable that you assign the data from the database to. you will have to setup a page where you or others can input the data into the database. hope that helps.

04-27-2006, 04:52 AM
can you show me how to set up an admin control panel? Where I can just have different forms where I can add a tutorial, download, and announcement on the index page?

How can I code the admin.php so that only a username and password will get it open?

Also how do I ge the page to look something like this... www.site.com/tutorials.php?view=1...